Filed under: Campgrounds & RV Parks, Kid-Friendly Trips, Nature & Wildlife, State & National Parks, Tent Campgrounds
Guest Blog Post: Rustic Camping at Willamette National Forest in central Oregon
If you enjoy rustic camping, no electric, pumping your own water, and using pit toilets you will enjoy the Willamette National Forest in central Oregon, east of Sweet Home, OR on Hwy 20.
The campground we chose was Yukwah. It has 20 sites, all suitable for RV’s or tents. We enjoyed site # 13, a pull through. Each site has a table and a fire ring. It is near both a bathroom and a water pump. We chose this campground because it has a barrier free observation deck jutting out over the banks of the South Santiam River. We enjoyed the barrier free trail surrounding the campground.
It has a 14 day limit. We stayed for ten days. Provisions are easy to obtain in the town of Sweet Home, 19 miles away.
Find out more about Willamette National Forest Camping in central Oregon.
Guest Blog Post submitted by: William Crowell of Sweet Home, Oregon
About the author: My wife and I are in our 60′s and retired. We enjoy traveling and tent camping. We have travel trailers but choose not to use them. When we are no longer able to easily get out of bed anymore, we will utilize the trailers.
Last 5 posts by Guest Blogger
- Sight Seeing in the Texas Hill Country - December 3rd, 2012
- Gator Park Airboat Tours - November 1st, 2012
- If You Love Golf, Then You Will Love It Here! - October 5th, 2012
- Resort to a New Lifestyle at Bay Bayou RV Resort - Tampa, FL - October 3rd, 2012
- Spectacular Fall Views at Riveredge RV Park in Pigeon Forge - September 7th, 2012