Filed under: Campgrounds & RV Parks, Destination Camping & RV Resorts, RV Campgrounds, Tent Campgrounds
Video Campground Review: Beaver Lake Campground, Custer, South Dakota
Beaver Lake Campground, in the heart of the Black Hills of SD…and just 3 miles West of Custer on Hwy 16, has spacious, shaded camping sites that will accommodate the largest RV to any tent. Located on 20 acres of Pine-covered hills, they also have a variety of modern cabins and tipi’s. There is cable, free DSL & Wi-Fi, a 360′ Waterlide ($) and heated pool, game room, C-Store, immaculate restrooms, and even the drudgery of laundry becomes a much more pleasant experience with a choice of two spotlessly clean laundry rooms. A brand new Hall is perfect for reunions or other large groups. They cater to families and pet owners.
Nearby is Custer, the oldest town in the Black Hills, with its picturesque downtown area of Art and craft galleries and a variety of excellent eateries. Nature’s marvels abound in the Black Hills, so Beaver Lake Campground is conveniently located to visit them all. Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, the Needles Highway, Custer State Park (where the buffalo still roam!), Jewel Cave National Monument, the Museum of Woodcarving — are just a few things to see and do near Beaver Lake Campground. Plan to stay awhile!
For more details on this park go to: Beaver Lake Campground.
Last 5 posts by Good Sam Team
- Snowbird Destinations—Escaping to the Sunbelt - November 19th, 2013
- Top Extended Stay Parks for RVers in the Far West - November 19th, 2013
- Put Down Stakes at These Top Extended Stay RV Parks - November 19th, 2013
- Top Extended Stay Parks for RVers in the South - November 19th, 2013
- Top Extended Stay Parks for RVers in the West - November 19th, 2013