Filed under: Activities & Attractions, Campgrounds & RV Parks, Destination Camping & RV Resorts, Family Camping, Family Weekend Trips, Nature & Wildlife, Outdoor Recreation & Hiking, RV Campgrounds, State & National Parks, Tent Campgrounds
RVing 101: Top 100 places to RV in Canada winners announced
Go RVing Canada, in partnership with the Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA) of Canada and the Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC), launched the month-long “Top 100 Spots to RV in Canada” Centennial Contest July 7 for a chance to win an Apple iPad.
Earlier this month (August 10) Go RVing Canada announced the winner. Mr. Lloyd Blue from Camrose, Alberta won the contest through a draw that took place on August 6, after entering his favourite spot to RV in Canada—Two O’Clock Campground in the Kootenay Plains Provincial Recreation Area (Alberta).
“We had over 570 entries during the contest,” said Go RVing Canada Spokesperson Angèle Lapointe. “It was absolutely incredible to read all of the submissions and it really makes us realize how fortunate we are to live in such a great country.”
“This event is a true testament to the RV lifestyle,” added Lapointe, “which clearly remains a popular vacation choice for those who are looking for an affordable vacation that offers freedom, flexibility, and fun.”
Some of the top spots to RV in Canada include:
- Yukon: Kluane Lake National Park
- British Columbia: Pacific Rim National Park
- Alberta: Writing on Stone Provincial Park
- Saskatchewan: Duck Mountain Provincial Park
- Manitoba: Spruce Woods Provincial Park
- Ontario: Algonquin Provincial Park
- Québec: Gaspésie
- Nova Scotia: Cabot Trail
- Prince Edward Island: Cavendish Sunset Campground
- New Brunswick: Fundy National Park
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Gros Morne
To view the complete list of 100 favourite Canadian RV destinations, click here.
Life is a highway.
In Canada, summer is a limited time offer.
Get out there and enjoy.
To provide feedback, please leave comments below. Your insights can help others have a fantastic experience. If you would like a response to your feedback, please e-mail Rex.
If you enjoyed this article, you might also wish to read
Read even more of Rex’s articles: All stories
Last 5 posts by Rex Vogel
- North Dakota Indoor RV Park Keeps Oilfield Workers Out of the Cold - December 18th, 2013
- It’s Time for Snow…Birds, That Is - December 13th, 2013
- RVing ’round Texas - December 9th, 2013
- The One-And-Only 1937 Chris Craft Motorhome - December 4th, 2013
- Thanksgiving: Giving Thanks for Our RV Lifestyle - November 27th, 2013