Filed under: Preparation & Readiness, Uncategorized
Patti’s Saga of an RV Rookie, or Farewell Crusty Hotel Bedspreads, Hello RV!
A different salesman endured our brilliant Class C questions. Class C’s seem like football fields compared with Class B’s. I got a wild hair and drove a Class C monster. I actually did a great job; the white knuckled sales rep said so. It seemed perfect until we discovered it’d cost us a couple hundred a month for five thousand months. Don’t think so.
Last, we dutifully trudged beside a rep determined to show us every gargantuan 5th wheel on the lot. Those things are incredible; cathedral ceilings, marble fireplaces, and disco dance floors. OK, maybe no disco dance floors. But, an affordable 5th wheel did seem perfect. Then we realized we’d have to buy a mammoth truck just to tow it. I personally could have analyzed RV purchases forever, but after weeks of looking, I could see burnout in Ray’s bleary eyes; he’d had it.
We ultimately bought a Jayco travel trailer, putting our beleaguered sales rep on permanent bed rest in the process. We also made helpful internet ‘RV forum’ friends along the way. If I ever know anything, I want to help new RVers , too.
Check in with me next week for the results of “the walk-through.” My husband, Ray (a saint and genius, but he’d never even been in an RV until our search), plans on operating every feature of our new trailer alongside a techie who’s done thousands of pre-delivery inspections and is desperate to get home for ribs. My job is to take notes on every word he says. I can tell you right now, whatever they pay that guy, it won’t be enough.
Turned out getting our first RV wasn’t a snap, but now all that’s left is conquering black water. Piece a cake…doncha think?
Last 5 posts by Patti F.
- Patti’s Saga of a Former RV Rookie :Give a Mother’s Day gift she’ll really like: an iPad docking station. - May 2nd, 2012
- Patti Faustini: How you can benefit from the Eastern Montana/North Dakota Bakken Oil Boom, Part 3: housing and cost of living - February 9th, 2012
- Patti Faustini: How you can benefit from the Eastern Montana/North Dakota Bakken Oil Boom: Part 2 (Two Sides to Every Coin). - February 5th, 2012
- Patti Faustini: Part 1 of How you can benefit from the Eastern Montana/North Dakota Bakken Oil Boom: There's oil and jobs! - January 30th, 2012
- Patti’s Saga of an RV Rookie: Christmas Eve Salad, Tlaquepaque style… - November 28th, 2011