Filed under: Entertaining Kids at Camp, Family Camping, Kid-Friendly Trips, Menu Planning & Cooking, Traveling Tips, Uncategorized
Celebrate Local With Regional Events…
They are a great way to get a true taste of the region. Festivals are often annual events that celebrate a seasonal or local food. And, they often raise money for local causes, such as the chamber of commerce or a civic project. I have found that regional festivals and community dinners have given me some delicious fodder for writing as well as for munching! The “experts” are always around and they are often more than happy to tell me about the specialty products at hand.
Over the years, we have attended the Ballard Seafood Festival and the Fishermen’s Festival here in Seattle. Obviously, both of these events feature awesome regional seafood products. If I was down on the Oregon Coast today, I would attend the 27th Annual Charleston Crab Feed held in the Old Charleston School House. Each year more than 1000 people attend and indulge in a fabulous Dungeness Crab Dinner. Have you enjoyed any fabulous festivals while traveling the highways and byways of America?
–Melissa A. Trainer
Last 5 posts by Melissa A. Trainer
- Try the Quick Chill Method at Camp! - July 7th, 2013
- Olympic National Park Celebrates 75 Years! - June 23rd, 2013
- Spooky Hikes in Washington State - October 26th, 2012
- Wild for Blackberries in the Pacific Northwest! - August 26th, 2012
- Savor those Campgrounds in September... - August 24th, 2012