Filed under: Activities & Attractions, Campgrounds & RV Parks, Destination Camping & RV Resorts, RV Campgrounds
NEWPORT DUNES ANNOUNCES EASTER WEEKEND LINE-UP APRIL 7 & 8
An “egg-citing” Easter is in store for those living in or around Newport Beach as Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort hosts its 20th annual Easter weekend celebration. The fun begins on Saturday, April 7 with an Easter Egg hunt at 9 a.m. followed by a pancake breakfast. More than 6,000 eggs will be hidden with some containing cash and one containing a magic ticket for a free bike. The public is invited at no cost to participate in the hunt, which will be officiated by the Easter Bunny, who will be available for photos. The pancake breakfast that includes a buffet of pancakes, juice and coffee. Also featured that weekend will be bounce houses, craft sessions, and other activities.
Easter Sunday, April 8, will kick off with a non-denominational sunrise service beginning at 7 a.m. followed by Champagne brunch at the Back Bay Bistro. The extravagant brunch buffet will include endless Champagne and Mimosas as well as Eggs Benedict, make-your-own omelet station, French toast, a carving station with prime rib or roasted turkey, an array of fresh seafood including grilled salmon, shrimp and crab legs and a chocolate fountain with fresh strawberries, marshmallows and other delights. Reservations are recommended and may be made by calling (949) 729-1144 or visiting www.backbaybistronewportbeach.com.
Newport Dunes Resort is a 100-acre waterfront resort (open to the public) featuring a 380-site state-of-the-art RV park, 450-slip marina and a private wave less beach and playground that has been enjoyed by families since 1958. Newport Dunes is also is home to 24 mobile cottages that the public may rent. On Memorial Day, the Dunes will open up its Aquatic Fun Park and visitors can also rent kayaks, windsurfers, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, and electric boats. Newport Dunes Resort is located at 1131 Back Bay Drive, in Newport Beach visit www.newportdunes.com or call 949-729-3863.
* Resort/Destination Name: Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort
* Resort/Destination Location:
* 1131 Back Bay Drive Newport Beach, CA
* Description: * 380 RV sites with individually fenced double-wide areas, underground utilities and full hook-ups for satellite television and 20-, 30- and 50-amp electrical services
* 450-slip state-of-the-art marina with all-concrete docks, single-loaded slips, private dock boxes with individual hook-up, 24-hour security and a clubhouse featuring pool, spa and recreation room
* 18 private (fully equipped) and 6 basic mobile cottages featuring soaring ceilings, hardwood floors, dining areas, spacious bedrooms, screened porches, full-service kitchens and bathrooms with showers and tubs. Cottages are available in both one-bedroom and studio models
* Seven-lane boat launch with adjacent boat wash
* Private 10-acre beach surrounding sparkling wave less bay waters ideal for swimming and other aquatic activities (seasonal lifeguard on duty)
* Watersport rentals that include sailboats, kayaks, pedal boats, sailboards, stand up paddle boards, bicycles and surrey’s
* Beachfront playground apparatus featuring the latest slides, swing bridges and extra-protective safety equipment
* Village Center on the premises that includes a swimming pool, spa, grocery store, recreation room with a big-screen TV, laundry facilities and conference and meeting room space
* Critically acclaimed Back Bay Bistro featuring American favorites serves breakfast and lunch seven days a week (dinner is served during the summer months)
* Four beachfront pavilions available for beach parties, family barbecues, reunions, corporate gatherings, etc.
* 18 Cabanas available for reservation–ideal for groups fewer than 20
* A full-time activities staff offers a variety of planned events each day such as organized volleyball tournaments, water aerobics, country-western dance lessons and guided kayak tours
* Shopping at world-famous Fashion Island
* Touring Balboa Pier, Balboa Ferry
* Close access to Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure and Knotts Berry Farm
* Adjacent to the Upper Newport Bay Ecological Reserve, a 752-acre coastal wetland set aside for natural wildlife