Filed under: Campgrounds & RV Parks, Destination Camping & RV Resorts, RV Campgrounds, Uncategorized
Living the Dream of RV Park Ownership
The dream of buying and operating an RV park may seem impossible for folks who can’t part with the steady salary of their 9 to 5 job. New Jersey residents Carmine and Lisa Torella found a way to pursue their goal of RV park ownership without having to say goodbye to Carmine’s steady income from his non-RVing career. The couple recently bought Green Valley Beach Family Campground near Newton in Northwest New Jersey and renamed it the Great Divide Campground. The 256-site RV park is close enough to Carmine’s electrical business that he can maintain management responsibilities.
The Torellas credit Recreational Business Partners (RBP), Billings, Montana, with finding an RV park close to their residence that they could purchase. “I find these two guys in Montana and they found me a campground I had never heard of and it was 35 miles from my house,” Carmine told Woodall’s Campground Management. “If that doesn’t say a lot about them and their business, I don’t know what does.”
Carmine, 38, and Lisa, 37, have always dreamt of turning their passion for RVing into a career. They’ve hired friend Jan Hudson to manage the campground, and they’re also working on improvements for camping season.
“We’re totally excited, this is a dream come true. We have talked about it for years. This is fate that we found it,” Carmine says.
Last 5 posts by Good Sam Team
- Serenity and Scenery at San Diego County Parks - October 15th, 2013
- San Diego RV Resort-Sunland, CA - October 15th, 2013
- Get it First and Don't Miss Out on the 2014 Good Sam RV Travel Guide! - September 17th, 2013
- Top Fishing Parks Chosen by the Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory - September 17th, 2013
- Red Oaks RV Park blends country life with city convenience - September 17th, 2013