Filed under: Holidays on the Road, Holidays on the Road, RV Modifications
It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!
Whether you are traveling somewhere in your RV for Christmas or are a full-timer, there are many ways that you can decorate your RV for Christmas: like you would a house just on a smaller scale.
While walking through a campground in Southern California over Thanksgiving weekend, I already spotted a few RVs that were decked out with their Christmas décor. These campers wasted no time in getting their Christmas décor out and up in their RVs. To be honest, I thought it a bit early (being Thanksgiving weekend, I suppose that is not sooo early). Then upon second look, I realized just how nice and homey it made the RV look from the outside. You could see the dash board was covered in some kind of lit-up village and there were lights and garland all around. A small Christmas tree was sitting in a pot in the front and the RV just emanated the warmth and cheer that Christmas seems to bring every year.
Decking your RV out with Christmas Décor this year?! Here are some tips and tricks for easy-breezy decorating:
Outside and On the Move:
- Hang a wreath on the grill of your RV (simple, but festive)
- Put Antlers on either side of the front end, above the windows, and a Red Ball (for Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer’s Nose) on the Grill
Outside and Staying Put:
- Icicle lights/LED lights hanging from awning and around RV’s exterior edges
- Snowmen, light-up deer, fake snow, trees, Santa, and other decorations on the ground outside of RV
Inside and On the Move:
- Light-up Window Decorations and/or decals
- Garland with lights hung up around windows, walls, and along counter tops.
- Stockings along the slide-out
- Christmas Tree (tied down)
Inside and Staying Put:
- Nativity Scene, Village, Garland, Santa and Lights on Dash Board
- Live (or fake) Christmas Tree in a stand or a small one in a pot
Last 5 posts by Cynthia Baum
- Summer Weekend Backpacking...With Kids - July 31st, 2013
- Beach Camping Must-Haves! - May 17th, 2013
- Camping with Kids Part II - April 20th, 2013
- Camping with Kids Part I - April 19th, 2013
- Desert Oasis: Top-Rated RV Resort - April 4th, 2013