Filed under: Uncategorized
Boyd’s Key West Campground: 50 Years of Southernmost Hospitality in the Sunshine State
Boyd and Elsie Hamilton boarded their homemade camper and left Saskatchewan, Canada, in 1947. They arrived in Key West, Florida, in 1949. After a month on the beach, they decided to stay and they never looked back. Fourteen years later, they began building and operating a campground known as Boyd’s Camping, later changed to Boyd’s Key West Campground.
The campground has been in a perpetual state of development, growth and improvements ever since. The Key West Chamber recently gave Boyd’s an award for their spectacular park entrance improvement. Today, Boyd’s is one of the most beautiful campgrounds in America.
The family takes great pride in the park they’ve owned and operated for a half century. Boyd and Elsie had five children, and four of them—along with three of their spouses and four grandchildren—work at the park today. The family makes sure that their guests always feel welcome and have a wonderful camping experience.
Boyd’s Campground keeps growing in popularity every year. The Travel Channel selected the campground as one of the Top 10 RV Parks in the country. The Outdoor Channel also featured the campground. In Woodall’s 75th anniversary sweepstakes, RVers ranked Boyd’s as one of America’s top 100 RV campgrounds.
Boyd’s family invites you to come down to the Southernmost Campground in America and enjoy their Southernmost Hospitality.
Last 5 posts by Good Sam Team
- Serenity and Scenery at San Diego County Parks - October 15th, 2013
- San Diego RV Resort-Sunland, CA - October 15th, 2013
- Get it First and Don't Miss Out on the 2014 Good Sam RV Travel Guide! - September 17th, 2013
- Top Fishing Parks Chosen by the Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory - September 17th, 2013
- Red Oaks RV Park blends country life with city convenience - September 17th, 2013