Filed under: Activities & Attractions, Campgrounds & RV Parks, Destination Camping & RV Resorts, Family Camping, Nature & Wildlife, Outdoor Recreation & Hiking, Uncategorized
Olympic National Park Celebrates 75 Years!
On June 29, 1938, Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the law and established Olympic National Park. This massive park, located in Washington State, consists of 922,651 protected acres, 70 miles of rugged windswept coastline, and three distinct ecosystems. The park protects the largest unmanaged herd of Roosevelt elk in the world and was nearly named “Elk National Park.”
Have you been to Olympic National Park recently or not so recently?
Last 5 posts by Melissa A. Trainer
- Try the Quick Chill Method at Camp! - July 7th, 2013
- Spooky Hikes in Washington State - October 26th, 2012
- Wild for Blackberries in the Pacific Northwest! - August 26th, 2012
- Savor those Campgrounds in September... - August 24th, 2012
- Do the Puyallup Fair in Western Washington - August 23rd, 2012