Filed under: Navigator, Technology & Camping
All NEW for Summer – the Good Sam Camping App on Android AND Apple!
Planning ahead or plan as you go – get directions, discounts and information for RV parks across North America with the new Good Sam Camping app, available for Android AND Apple iOS. Check Google Play and the Apple App store for it’s release in August.
The new Good Sam Camping app provides information, including the exclusive Good Sam 10/10*/10 Triple Rating for more than 13,500 RV parks and campgrounds listed in the comprehensive Good Sam RV Travel Guide & Campground Directory, North America’s top-selling campground directory printed annually. Easy-to-use, the app is a perfect companion for your next RV trip.
All RV parks and campgrounds listed in the Good Sam RV Travel Guide are included in the app, including 2,100+ Good Sam parks with 10% discount for Good Sam members. Users can search by city and state or province and filter campground searches based on hookups, swimming pools, pet restrictions and seasonality.
Good Sam RV park and campground listings are identified by the Good Sam logo, and have expanded information such as RV hookup details, tenting and pull-through availability, slide-out space and pet allowances and restrictions, and if there is WiFi access – essential when traveling.
Here are some of the great features you’ll find in the NEW Good Sam Camping app:
• Improved interface: One-touch access to park websites and touch-to-call phone connectivity on both Android phones & iPhones.
• Easier to Read: Icons with each campground listing tell users at a glance whether a park allows pets, offers Wi-Fi and more. A campground photo accompanies each listing.
• Multiple views: Red pinheads indicate Good Sam parks in Google-style satellite and map views.
• Passbook access: Users can get real-time campground discount coupons through Apple’s Passbook app, which sends push notifications when users are near campgrounds offering coupons. This fall, iPhone users will be able to share Passbook coupons with friends via email, text message or Airdrop.
• Nearby Campgrounds: The Nearby feature finds RV parks close to the user’s current location.
• Bookmarks and Notes: Users can book mark their favorite campground and add notes to record vital information. Notes can be shared via email, Facebook and Twitter.
• Camping World: Users can easily find the more than 100 Camping World retail locations through the app.
The app is the product of the Good Sam Directory’s 38 RVing consultant teams, who visit, evaluate and inspect campgrounds every year, so that you’ll always have the most reliable and up-to-date information available in the palm of your hand. As a bonus, the app includes photos of some parks, along with links to their websites. All listings include click-to-call functionality, making contacting a park easy and quick.
Whether you’re taking your first RV trip with the family or have miles of RV travel under your belt, with the Good Sam Camping app you’ll have the most trusted and reliable travel information available!
About the Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory:
Relying on a half-century of publishing expertise, the Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory gives travelers all the information they need to plan an RV trip in North America. The guide combines two of the RV industry’s most popular and respected brands—the Trailer Life Directory and Woodall’s Campground Directory—into one comprehensive volume that contains detailed information on more than 13,500 RV parks, campgrounds and services across the United States, Canada or Mexico. Included are 2,100-plus Good Sam Parks that offer a 10% discount to Good Sam Club members.
Each campground is personally inspected and rated by Good Sam’s seasoned consultant teams, and each listing includes Good Sam’s exclusive triple rating, which grades completeness of facilities, cleanliness of restrooms, and visual appeal and environmental quality.
To learn more, visit GoodSamCamping.com.