Filed under: Campgrounds & RV Parks, Entertaining Kids at Camp, Family Camping, Family Day Trips, RV Campgrounds
Have a Blast at the Top Family Campgrounds in the Far West
From bone-dry deserts to the sprawling Pacific Coast, America’s far west is the U.S. at its most extreme. Our best-of-the-west campgrounds put families close to the action, whether it’s SoCal’s Disneyland or Nevada’s high desert.
Ready to meet Mickey? The Anaheim Resort RV Park in Anaheim offers shuttles to the Magic Kingdom as well as free Wi-Fi and spaces for any size RV. While in the area, motor up to the Los Angeles/Pomona Fairplex KOA, located a short drive from downtown Los Angeles and Pasadena, home to the Rose Parade.
Head north along the coast to Pismo Sands RV Park (pictured) in Oceano, California, for a comfortable, family-friendly environment just minutes from the Pacific Ocean. Vacationer RV Park – Sunland in El Cajon, San Diego, also puts RVers in close proximity to the beach, as well as near sophisticated downtown San Diego and world-famous Sea World.
For a change, try heading inland. Hi-Desert RV, in Winnemucca, Nevada, combines high desert beauty with the kinds of family-friendly amenities that seasoned RVers have come to appreciate. Trade in the desert for the lush Pacific Northwest at Maple Grove RV Resort in Everett, Washington, with luxury and comfort just 15 minutes from Seattle, Bellevue and the Whidbey Island ferry.
Last 5 posts by Good Sam Team
- Serenity and Scenery at San Diego County Parks - October 15th, 2013
- San Diego RV Resort-Sunland, CA - October 15th, 2013
- Get it First and Don't Miss Out on the 2014 Good Sam RV Travel Guide! - September 17th, 2013
- Top Fishing Parks Chosen by the Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory - September 17th, 2013
- Red Oaks RV Park blends country life with city convenience - September 17th, 2013