Filed under: Activities & Attractions, Campgrounds & RV Parks, Navigator
Top Fishing Parks in the Western States
America’s western states feature fishing in sprawling lakes, mountain streams and some of the most robust rivers in the nation.
Willow Beach RV & Campground, Willow Beach, Arizona, puts guest a short distance from the Black Canyon region of the Colorado River, where bluegill, rainbow trout, largemouth bass and black crappie bite. You can get all the supplies you need at the Marina and Camp store, or rent a watercraft to fully explore the fishing opportunities.
At the scenic Santee Lakes Recreation Preserve in the foothills above San Diego, California, guests can choose from seven glittering lakes on 190 acres. Catch bass and bluegill in all seven bodies of water when not relaxing on one of the lakeside beaches.
Sitting on the banks of the West Walker River, the Walker River Resort, Smith Valley, Nevada, offers excellent fly fishing from resort property and throughout Wilson Canyon. Guests can also relax in shaded pull-through spaces when it’s time to cook up their catches.
Last 5 posts by Good Sam Team
- Snowbird Destinations—Escaping to the Sunbelt - November 19th, 2013
- Top Extended Stay Parks for RVers in the Far West - November 19th, 2013
- Put Down Stakes at These Top Extended Stay RV Parks - November 19th, 2013
- Top Extended Stay Parks for RVers in the South - November 19th, 2013
- Top Extended Stay Parks for RVers in the West - November 19th, 2013