Filed under: Navigator, Traveling Tips
Six Tips to Fight Rising Prescription Costs
1) Tell the doctor you want to save. Before your doctor fills out that prescription slip, let him or her know that you’re working within a budget. You may be able to work out a cost-saving plan with your medical professional.
2) Compare coverage. Don’t just settle for the brand your doctor recommends. Ask for a variety of choices, and then check with your insurance company to see which one has the highest copay. It’s possible that brand A is significantly more expensive than brand B.
3) Get Samples. Doctors will likely have samples—10 to 14 days worth—of a drug free of charge. It’s worth testing the medication to make sure that it is worth your money.
4) Generics to the rescue: Generic drugs can cost up to 85% lower than their brand-name counterparts and are comparable in effectiveness. Ask your doctor to inform you of your generic options.
5) You May Already Be Covered. Look into the available state subsidy and Medicare programs. You may already qualify for many of the programs offered by the government.
6) Consider the Good Sam Rx Saver Discount Prescription Card, Good Sam Club members can get discounts of up to 60% on each prescription filled at pharmacies across the country.
Whether you have insurance or not, the Good Sam Rx Saver Discount Prescription Card program offers significant savings. Indeed, insurance co-pays can often be more than the cost of prescriptions when using the card. Also, prescriptions that aren’t covered by a particular insurance plan are often covered by the card. Cardholders may enjoy an overall savings of up to 40% annually
The card can be used by anyone, regardless of age, income or health coverage. There is no enrollment required, no exclusions and no waiting periods. Also, the card has no expiration date.
Also, families can save on prescriptions for pets prescribed by a veterinarian which are filled at their pharmacy using the card. For the convenience of our members, the card is accepted at over 59,000 pharmacies throughout the United States, including CVS, Target, Walgreen’s, Wal-Mart, Kmart, Rite-Aid, Kroger, Vons, Publix, Winn-Dixie, Giant and many more.
To take advantage of the Good Sam Rx Saver Discount Prescription Card program along with many other RV lifestyle benefits, become a Good Sam Club member today by visiting www.GoodSamClub.com.