Filed under: Activities & Attractions, Campgrounds & RV Parks, Family Camping
Experience RVing Camping Perfection
Get the 2014 Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory to discover RV parks that have earned perfect 10/10*/10 ratings from the guide’s roving consultant teams. The just-released edition also contains destination articles, RV lifestyle tips, vital travel tools and listings of 13,500 RV parks across North America.
In addition, the latest edition of the annual book comes packed with travel itineraries, helpful maps and informative tips that RVers need for a journey anywhere in North America.
Drawing from a half-century of publishing experience, the editors of the guide compiled essential information for RVers at all levels, including detailed driving itineraries and in-depth destination profiles. Compelling travel articles will guide RVers to famous points of interest, lesser-known gems and fabulous camping experiences.
While charting their travels, readers can peruse listings of 8,000 private RV parks and resorts, including 2,100-plus Good Sam parks that offer a 10 percent member discount. Listings information includes Wi-Fi availability, pet restrictions, campground amenities, hookup availability and nearby attractions. Parks are evaluated by the 10/10*/10 Good Sam Rating system, which assesses the amenities, cleanliness and environment of each RV park. In addition, the locations of RV Parks and discount sites also are indicated in state and provincial maps found throughout the RV Travel Guide.
Among the Good Sam RV Travel Guide’s highlights:
• A Snowbird Destinations section highlighting RV-friendly regions in America’s Sunbelt, with helpful maps that point sun-seekers to winter roosts like the California desert, the Texas Tropics, North Carolina’s Piedmont region and other sunny spots.
• The RV Trips of a Lifetime feature, with itineraries and maps to journeys that belong on every RVer’s bucket list. Find trips for Food Lovers, fans of Living History, folks who want to walk On the Wild Side fans of Picture Perfect landscapes.
• An information-packed Beginner’s Guide to RVing that dispenses basic tips on RV shopping, camping and storage. Complete with checklists.
• NASCAR article with tips for tailgating at a racing venue and a guide to the best places to camp during a trip to a stock car race.
• Helpful lifestyle tips related to camping and traveling with pets.
• Welcome sections boasting vital facts about all 49 continental states and 12 Canadian provinces and territories.
• Spotlights that profile RV-friendly cities, regions and national parks across the United States and Canada.
• Guides to RV-related state and provincial laws, fishing-license fees and critical facts needed for trouble-free trips into Canada and Mexico.
The 2014 Good Sam RV Travel Guide and Campground Directory is available at the 100-plus Camping World SuperCenters in 35 states and on CampingWorld.com.